Culdesac session with Courtney Barnett cc momandpopmusic
Spin the Globe: Sweden
Get your fill of powerhouse pop, balearic chill, and everything in-between with our latest installment of Spin the Globe featuring the silk laced sounds of Sweden.
Holy shit. I just got the update: yvynyl turned 7 years old today.
Amazing that this weird journey continues. Or that it’s been that long, and that this photo is that old now.
Probably going to make some changes in the coming months… and maybe you’d like to come be a part of it.
For one thing, I’d like to have some contributors. Want to tell some stories? Write about live changing albums? Shed life on a critically unappreciated artist? Cover a hot scene in your city?
Let’s try a test:
- Pitch me your media ideas!
- Include how they might go into series of 6-10 episodes.
- They must include excellent visual artwork and of course audio.
- Could also be video - it is a show? Episodic?
- Music-heart, but travel, adventure, art, ideas are welcome.
- Bonus points if you have a budget need in mind.
- Email one or more of your best proposals to email@example.com (Use subject line: #YVYNYL2.0).
Is this magic? Nah. But it’ll be fun!
Painted Palms Portraits & Mixtape!
We spent a sunny SF day with some of our favorite locals, the dudes of paintedpalms! Find their new album “Forever” out now on polyvinylrecords and be sure to check out the killer mixtape they made for us to pair with it!Photos by Molly DeCoudreaux
Hem’ron aka Internet Zack Morris aka Mr. Steal Your Wifi made a new mix for 2014 and it’s the only thing we’ve played all day